Homework – Kids
- Fact Monster – Encyclopedia, almanac, atlas and dictionary all in one.
- BJ Pinchbeck’s Homework Helper – Hundreds of top-notch websites for students and life-long learners.
- Discovery Education – Homework help resources, plus interactive games, videos, virtual labs and activities.
- eThemes – Discover websites on wide range of topics using keywords to search or browse the list A-Z or by grade level.
- Library of Congress – Historical records and digitized books, photos, maps, manuscripts, film, and sound recordings.
- Diigo – Jumpstart researching any topic by using websites recommended by Colorado librarians. Type in a tag word like inventors or colonies and hit Enter. Some tags are two words and need to be typed inside quotes like “current events” or “civil war.” Start a new search by clicking CoLibraries (top left) to clear the field and enter a different tag.
Animals & Environment
- National Geographic Kids – The world of animals explained and presented in videos, games, and activities.
- San Diego Zoo – Discover animals by name, region, or habitat (mouse over animals menu tab to choose.)
- Environment – Website recommendations from the EPA on air, climate change, ecosystems, energy, recycling, water.
- Colorado Parks & Wildlife – Animals native to Colorado including threatened and endangered species.
- Web Weather for Kids – Learn what makes weather wet and wild.
- Biography.com – Over 7,000 biographies of people past and present.
- Nobel Prize – Biographies of Nobel Prize recipients and laureates.
- Gallery of Achievers – Read about individuals who have shaped the 20th century by their accomplishments.
- White House – Biographies of U.S. Presidents and First Ladies plus history of the White House.
- More! – Websites featuring profiles of historical figures and distinguished women.
- Kids.gov – Connect to over 2,000 web pages from government agencies, schools, and educational organizations.
- Ben’s Guide to U.S. Government – How government works and laws are made, electoral process, and national symbols.
- iCivics – Explore the fundamental concepts and responsibilities of representative democracy through games.
- Our Government – Learn how America’s federal, state and local governments work to enact the will of the people.
- Webmath – Step-by-step answers to hundreds of math questions and the option to type in your own problem.
- AAA Math – Learn, practice, and explore every topic of K-8 math. (En Espanol)
- Khan Academy K-8 Math Videos – From counting to calculus and everything in between.
- Pikes Peak Library – Homework help featuring websites and math help.
- More! – Links to librarian recommended math websites for students, teachers, and tutors.
Research & Writing
- How to Do Research – A diagram takes you through the process, click any step to get the details.
- Plan-Find-Create-Present – Tips to start your research project, find sources, stay organized, and putting it all together.
- Writing Topics – Lists of ideas to inspire essays, stories, or journal writing.
- Writing Skills – Strengthen your writing skills with tips, examples, and best practices for effective communication.
- Writing With Writers – Scholastic authors take you through the steps of writing news reports, mysteries, myths, book reviews, and more.
- Stately Knowledge – Basic geographical facts and information on state capitols for all 50 states.
- Eyewitness to History – Profiles of historical characters and events told from the perspectives of those who lived it.
- CIA World Factbook – Country data covering geography, people, government, economy, transportation, and defense.
- Great Websites for Kids – Cultures of the world, geography, maps, current events, social issues, and religion.
- MrDowling.com – Teacher Mike Dowling covers pre-history through through WWII.